We install, service, repair and provide maintenance for heat pumps and air handlers.
A heat pump is an efficient device that’s used to transfer heat from one place to another. Like an air conditioner, a heat pump can move heat out of your home when you want it cooler inside, and vice versa, it has the added benefit of being able to move heat into the house when you want it warmer. The heat pump can also replace air conditioners outright in the summer. Whether you heat your home with a natural gas or propane furnace, adding a heat pump is a great way of lowering your carbon footprint and you may save money when you use your heat pump to heat during the spring and fall, instead of your furnace. If you’re interested in a heat pump, you may be curious about how they are installed. Here’s what you should consider.
Before you purchase a heat pump there are a few things that you should consider:
- House efficiency: Upgrading your insulation and fixing air leaks is a wise decision prior to installing a heat pump. The more efficient your home’s interior envelope is, the more efficient you system will be.
- Heat pumps put out about 110-degree air while your traditional gas-fired furnace puts out 130-150 degree air.
- Heat pumps and air handlers don’t put off any carbon monoxide or emissions.
- Type of heat pumps: There are two main kinds of heat pumps to consider:
- Ground source heat pumps (also called geothermal) need piping installed into the ground. These ground loops can be installed in vertical loops, or horizontal loops if there is a lot of available lands. The major advantage of ground source heat pumps is that they are very efficient all year round because the temperature of the ground is fairly constant. If you are interested in the most efficient heating system possible you should definitely consider a geothermal system.
- Air-source heat pumps use the air outside of your home as the source of heat and destination for heat in the summer. They are simpler to install.
Interested in learning more about how to install a heat pump in your home? Look no further. Call 805 Elite Heat And Air Conditioning LLC or click online to schedule your free estimate today.
HOW HEAT PUMPS ARE INSTALLED
Just like central air systems, Air-source heat pumps have indoor and outdoor units. Here at 805 Elite Heat And Air Conditioning LLC we will show you where each unit will go and explain what will be necessary to connect the units and how to connect the heat pump to your home’s existing duct system. The best practice is typically to install the outdoor unit level and with at least 12 inches of air space around the unit.
Unlike air-source heat pumps, Ground-source heat pumps do not have a visible unit outside your home. Instead, the ground loops are buried underground where they extract heat from the ground in the winter and store the heat rejected from your house into the ground in the summer. This system is best for new construction and not utilized in California much but is an option.
During the installation process, the heat pump will need to be connected to your home’s electrical system for power and the air duct system to disperse its warm or cool air. Once the installation is complete, 805 Elite Heat And Air Conditioning LLC will test and start up the heat pump, and make sure it is working properly.
We will also explain to you what kind of maintenance your heat pump will need moving forward so that it continues to perform optimally and efficiently and more importantly, lasts as long as possible.
If you have any questions or would like to learn more about heat pumps their installation process and their advantages, call or schedule online and were happy to help with your HVAC needs.
Heat Pump Services in Ventura, Santa Barbara, and Los Angles counties!
Heat Pump services in Ventura, CA, Ojai, CA, Santa Barbara, CA, Montecito, CA, Calabasas, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Malibu, CA, Lake Sherwood CA, Westlake Village, CA, Newbury Park, CA, Northridge, CA, Portor Ranch, CA, Chatsworth, CA, North Hills, CA, Granada Hills, CA, Santa Clarita, CA, Reseda, CA, Thousand Oaks, CA, Agoura Hills, CA, Oak Park, CA, Camarillo, CA, Carpinteria, CA, Fillmore, CA, Moorpark, CA, Oak View, CA, Oxnard, CA, Port Hueneme, CA, Santa Paula, CA, Summerland, CA, Simi Valley, CA, Goleta, CA
Call us today. At 805 Elite Heat and Air Conditioning LLC we have the skill and experience to provide you with HVAC repair, service, installation or preventive maintenance that will give you your desired end-results. Allowing you to enjoy your heater – stress-free. All you have to do is call or book with us online.
Heat Pump Services Includes:
- Heat Pump Repair
- Heat Pump Replacement
- Heat Pump Installation
- Heat Pump Maintenance
- Heat Pump Service
- Heat Pump Tune-Up