Ductless Mini Splits Require Maintenance To Operate Well and we do this for you in Ventura, Santa Barbara and Los Angeles counties.
A ductless mini split should receive annual maintenance, just like any other type of HVAC system, to operate at its best and be more efficient which in turns saves your utility bill and the environment. In fact, your warranty may require service at specified intervals to keep it valid. Besides prolonging the life of your system, regular maintenance keeps it running at top efficiency and ensures that you will be comfortable when you want to be.
Expect these services when an 805 Elite Heat and Air Conditioning LLC tech tunes up your equipment:
- The technician will clean the filter for the air handler as part of preventive maintenance, but it’s also something that you should do on a routine basis to get the most efficiency from your system, we recommend every month for the best air quality. If your ductless mini split has an indoor air quality filter, the technician will clean it. These filter are generally washable and don’t need replacement.
- The drain pan sits below the evaporator coil and the technician will inspect it and ensure that its clean and clear. Dirt can build inside of it, impeding the drainage of condensation. And if water sits in the pan too long, it can promote the growth of mold. YUCK!
- The evaporator coil will also be cleaned to keep it dust free. Dust that builds on the evaporator coil slows the cooling process and results in higher electric bills. It can also cause the coil to freeze over, which stresses the condenser.
- The technician will also check the refrigerant lines to assure that the flow of refrigerant is properly charged and the condensation can drain quickly.
- Our technician will clean the fins and coils inside the condenser and remove any vegetative debris that could block airflow into the unit. In cooling mode, the condenser has to dispel the heat the refrigerant collects from your home. Dust, grass clippings and other plant materials can slow the process, driving up your electric bills. This being said make sure to keep things clear around the outdoor unit.
- Another important step in routine maintenance is inspecting the insulation that covers the refrigerant lines. Constant outdoor exposure can cause the insulation to degrade. When the insulation starts to wear away, it picks up heat from the outdoors, which decreases the system’s efficiency.
- Maintenance also should involve cleaning the electrical components of the system to keep its efficiency at factory standards.
If you’d like to learn more about the importance of routine maintenance for ductless mini-splits, contact 805 Elite Heat And Air Conditioning LLC.
Ductless Mini Split Maintenance in Ventura, Santa Barbara, and Los Angles counties!
Ductless Mini Split Maintenance In Ventura, CA, Ojai, CA, Santa Barbara, CA, Montecito, CA, Calabasas, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Malibu, CA, Lake Sherwood CA, Westlake Village, CA, Newbury Park, CA, Northridge, CA, Portor Ranch, CA, Chatsworth, CA, North Hills, CA, Granada Hills, CA, Santa Clarita, CA, Reseda, CA, Thousand Oaks, CA, Agoura Hills, CA, Oak Park, CA, Camarillo, CA, Carpinteria, CA, Fillmore, CA, Moorpark, CA, Oak View, CA, Oxnard, CA, Port Hueneme, CA, Santa Paula, CA, Summerland, CA, Simi Valley, CA, Goleta, CA
Call us today. At 805 Elite Heat and Air Conditioning LLC we have the skill and experience to provide you with HVAC repair, service, installation or preventive maintenance that will give you your desired end-results. Allowing you to enjoy your heater – stress-free. All you have to do is call or book with us online.